Hey there! :wave: Thanks for stopping by my sponsorship page.
My name is Vaidehi. I'm an engineer, writer, and teacher. As someone who entered into tech with a non-traditional background, I actively work towards making our industry more inclusive, welcoming, and friendly! My favorite way of doing this is by creating approachable technical resources that people at any skill level can use to help fill in the gaps in their own knowledge. 🙂
What I create
All of my work is technical and mostly language agnostic. I really enjoy including hand-drawn illustrations to make my content more accessible. Here is some of my work you might have seen around town:
- basecs, a writing series that uncovered a new computer science topic every week, for a year
- the base.cs podcast, the audio version of the writing series, which I host with @sarony
- the BaseCS video series, the video version of the writing series, created in collaboration with the DEV team
- technical tuesdays, a writing series focused mostly on Ruby and Rails
- baseds, a writing series that is currently exploring a new distributed system topic every week, for a year
Why support me
In order to make technical concepts as accessible as possible, I have made all of my content free. I do this so that underrepresented individuals in our industry have the opportunity to access high quality content without having to break their wallets. When I was trying to learn how to code and even when I was teaching myself computer science, I had a hard time finding online resources that was accessible but also free. Many students, career-changers, and people around the world cannot find (or sometimes, cannot afford) high quality technical resources, but I believe that these types of resources should be available to anyone who wants to learn.
To that end, all of the content that I have created has always been free. I do not believe in gatekeeping knowledge behind a paywall, so I have only collaborated with people and organizations who align with me on these core values. By supporting me, you are helping fund the time I spend in creating these beautiful resources while also ensuring that the people who really need access to them aren't left behind on their learning journeys.