Hello friend, I'm Eriol Fox! my pronouns are they/them 🦊 I'm a designer based in the South West of the UK, I'm non-binary, queer and have complex PTSD.
## 🐝 I’m currently...
- Working as a UX and Product Designer at Open Food Network
- Helping keep the community going at Open Source Design
- Also helping the community grow at Open IDEO London chapter
- Starting a PhD in Computer Science at Newcastle univeristy with support from Northern Bridge fund looking at how designers participate in humanitarian open source software projects. See the open research in the github repo.
- Participating in Human Rights Centred Design Community
- Part of Sustaining Design & UX working group
- Part of the design team at Mutualaid.world
- Speaking at Various tech and design conferences
- Mentoring two(+) early career designers!
How sponsorship helps me
While I'm able to make a living from my part-time job at OFN and Part-time paid PhD I do a lot of unpaid OSS work as an open-source designer as well as talk regularly with people on diversity and inclusion. My role is contract and doesn't have holiday or sick pay benefits and runs on unstable funding streams. Sponsorship allows me to have other sources of funding for what I do in OSS.